Friday, August 21, 2009

Harmonie Thomas

Dr. Bird was my FAVORITE  professor at UAF. He was always so encouraging to me. He wanted me to try new things, even though I was afraid to do them. I had his support when I went on international exchange to the University of Sussex, and that was one of the best semesters of my life. He WANTED to see me do well in everything I did and was very flexible and understanding. We worked on my honors thesis together. I told him all about nasty situations I had been in with other people. Whenever I had a problem, I would immediately go into his office at the Honors House. I could sit and talk to him for an hour or so -- even without making an appointment.

I feel like students were very special to him. I am very happy to have known him, even for only a short while. I am so glad he got to see me graduate in 2007. I wish that he could see me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment