Matt Wharton has written in some of his fonder memories of Dad without adding anything about him personally because, "Roy wanted to hear the voice of people, not the bullshit. So I have no right to pontificate about what a wonderful bloke he was."
Nonetheless, here are Matt's memories:
In response to my ending an email with the lines, "I'd better get out into the world," Roy responded, "You better do it while you can."
When I was trying to write one time at a computer terminal outside of the writing center, Roy said, "If you frown at that screen any harder, you are going to break it."
In an email about the trout in Chena Lakes, Roy had told Derick the spot to fish from: "I enjoy catching those little guys even though they don't set any records."
About a pike that took his pixie: "It looked like a pig coming out of the water."
Upon hearing a pointless remark from a student in class: "Well, that's that."
And my personal favorite, showing Dad's personality and his hate for ceremony and formal proceedings:
Roy wrote in an email in 2002: "I agree that we should call a meeting, but I will not attend the meeting."
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment