I blew this picture up and framed it and it has hung above my desk for the past six years. I owe everything to Roy and would give anything to have one more conversation with him. Still, I am glad that the last time we talked I thanked him for all that he had done for me. I told him that I loved him. And that I wouldn't have my current job or degree if not for him. As always Roy refused to take the credit. But it is all his. No single person has helped me as much as Roy. He was, and is, like a father to me. He is also a great friend. And his family is my family.His death is an unbelievable loss.
We all love and miss you, Roy.
Roy was a gift to everyone he came into contact with.He was the person who stopped me and said, "You know you should be an honor's student. Apply to the program." Thanks to Roy I graduated on the Dean's list, got a scholarship to go to Greece, and graduated with Honors. I was blessed to have had the opportunity to spend time with such a brilliant man. Whenever I see a Faulkner book I think of him.
ReplyDelete