Friday, August 21, 2009

Marcia Weston

I met Roy in Salt Lake City in 1981 where I moved as a last fling before settling into adulthood. Roy was then a runner who showed incredible passion and commitment in all that he did. When I moved back to the East Coast, Roy pitched in to load belongings into a UHaul that was loaded to the brim. It took a mathematician to make sure everything fit.
 
I reconnected with Roy just last year to ask that he provide me with comments on a resume that was put together for job searching. I knew he would be the best person to critique a professional document. 
 
Of course I kept up with news about Roy and his family from my very good friend and Roy's sister, Jane. We have been friends since the 80's and even though miles apart, I consider her my sister.
 
I am very saddened by Roy's passing and feel that I knew him as well as I know Jane. He truly was someone who made the world a better place and his wit, charm, and incredible intelligence will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment